New & Improved!
Welcome to the Frey Foundation’s new and improved site for processing grant inquiries and applications. The new system will make it possible for you to quickly and conveniently explore funding opportunities with the foundation and allow us to review and respond to communication from potential grantees in a timely manner. Please take a few minutes to read the information outlined below.
We appreciate your time and interest in learning about the Frey Foundation. We strive to make the grant inquiry and application process open and streamlined, so we recommend you start by reviewing our grant guidelines (226 KB, PDF). That first step will help you determine if your grant request is a good fit with the Frey Foundation’s eligibility requirements and funding priorities.
How to Apply Online
If, after reviewing our grant guidelines, you believe your project aligns with our requirements and funding priorities, please submit a brief inquiry using our online inquiry system. Your inquiry will be reviewed by foundation staff, and you may be contacted for additional information.
You are also welcome to call the Foundation to discuss your project or program and to ask questions about our grantmaking process. Our staff is here to help and can be reached Monday – Friday from 8:30AM – 5:00PM by calling (616) 451-0303.
Stage One: Letter of Inquiry
- Inquiries are accepted by the foundation throughout the year.
- After you submit an online inquiry, you can expect to hear from us within 30 days. We read and respond to all inquiries.
Stage Two: Application
- If your project aligns with the eligibility requirements and funding priorities, you will be asked to complete an online grant application. Once you’ve accessed the online system, you can review or print the application in its entirety. If you need help, our staff can assist you with the application process.
- After submitting an application, you will likely be contacted by staff to set up a meeting and/or site visit to assist in the due diligence process.
- In general, funding decisions are made by the Frey Foundation Board of Trustees four times a year. The Foundation receives many compelling requests each year and regrettably, we are not able to fund every one.
Grant application deadlines generally fall on the 15th of February, May, August and November, the same months that the Board of Trustees meets. Applications are usually presented to the Board of Trustees at the meeting following the grant deadline. For example, if you submit an application by February 15, it will likely be evaluated, by the Board at its May meeting, and you will be notified of the Board’s decision by the end of May.
Have you started an online application?
If you want to return to an inquiry or application you have already started, click here.
If you are having difficulty or are unable to use the online system, please contact us. Our staff is here to help and can be reached Monday – Friday from 8:30AM – 5:00PM by calling (616) 451-0303. Or, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.