- Nurturing Community Arts
- Protecting the Environment
- Enhancing the Lives of Children and Their Families
- Community Capital Projects
- Encouraging Civic Progress
- Strengthening Philanthropy
The Frey Foundation provides grants in six areas of focus and primarily for projects that are based in or serving the residents of Kent, Emmet or Charlevoix counties. The areas of the Foundation's strategic grantmaking include:
Each program area page provides further explanation of the Foundation’s priorities as well as lists of current year grants, descriptions of recent grant awards that have great promise, and three years of grant award archives.